Before you use application links, you have to ensure that you have the identical system time on the linked systems!
If you want your Jira application to communicate with your Bamboo, you have to create an application link between these two application. To create an application link in Jira, do the following:
- From the "Administration" menu, select Applications.
- Select Application links from the "Integrations" section in the sidebar on the left.
The "Configure Application Links" dialog is displayed.
- Enter the URL of your Bamboo server and click Create new link.
The "Link applications" dialog appears:
- Regarding to your environment select or deselect the options:
- The servers have the same set of users and usernames
- I am an administrator on both instances.
- Then click Continue.
The "Link applications" dialog changes.
Because an application link is also created in Bamboo, you are redirected to Bamboo and have to authenticate.
The Bamboo "Link applications" dialog is displayed.
- To create a back link, click Continue.
If the applications could be linked successfully, a confirmation is displayed:
When your application link is configured, every user who wants to create repositories or branches in Bamboo has tofrom Jira.
All systems (Jira, Bitbucket and Bamboo) you need to use catworkx Bamboo Integrations for Jira have to have application links to each other system. To create the remaining application links, proceed the previous steps accordingly.