Before your Microsoft Outlook can access your Jira server, you have to configure the connection to your Jira server. Do the following:
- From the Microsoft Outlook menu, select JIRA > Connection Settings. The following dialog appears.
- In the "Connection Settings" dialog, enter the following information:
Jira-URL: IP address or URL of your Jira server
You have to specify the type of connection protocol with the URL (http or https). Otherwise the connection will fail. Futhermore we recommend to use a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) instead of hostnames only.
If your Jira installation uses a special port you also need to specify the port number. Append the port number at the end of the URL separated by colon (e.g.,
https://jira.example.com:8080). Ask your Jira administrator if you are not sure about URL and port number.
- Username: Your user name on the Jira server
- Password: Your password on the Jira server
- To test the connection to your Jira server, click Test connection.
If the test is successful the following dialog appears.
The deployment type and the Jira version is displayed in the bottom left corner of the "Connection Settings" dialog.
- To save your configuration, click Save in the Connection Settings dialog.
Once the connection between your Microsoft Outlook and your Jira server is working, you can do some further configurations. From the Microsoft Outlook menu, select JIRA > Advanced Configuration. The following dialog appears.
The Advanced Configuration dialog provides the following tabs: