To create a page template in Confluence that includes the "[Jira Field Value" makro, do the following:
- Write your steady content and do the layout.
- To include content from Jira, you have to add the
To do so, you can use the Macro Browser.
Or start entering the macro name after a curly bracket. Jira Field Value macro.
In the macro frame, enter the Jira field you want to display. Use the replacement syntax to do this.
In the "Add Template"/"Edit Template" dialogs for single issue templates and multi issue templates in the Issue Publisher template manager in Jira there is a small question mark icon in the top right corner.
If you click the question mark icon, a help page is displayed that lists the replacement syntax for your Jira fields (including all your custom fields).
- To edit the Jira field macro, click it and select Edit from the pop-up menu.
The "Edit ‘[cwx] Jira Field Value’ Macro" dialog is displayed.
- Enter the following information:
- Issue: Leave it blank. The issue ID of the current issue will be used.
Field: Enter the ID of the field you want to print out (e.g.,
Normally the "Field ID" will be identically to the
$!fieldHelper.getValueAsStringparameter you entered in step 3. You have to enter the information here a second time to be able to update the value later.
- Format: Select the format of how the field values are displayed. For example, URLs are displayed as links.
- Format String: Enter the formatting string here when using date-format or number-format. For example
yyyy-MM-dd HH:mmfor dates and
- Finish content and layout.
- Click Save.
- If you want to use the page you created as template in Issue Publisher, do the following: