By default, Jira provides five mail handlers:
Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue
Add a comment from the non quoted email body
Add a comment with the entire email body
Create a new issue from each email message
Add a comment before a specified marker or separator in the email body
The catworkx Mail Handlers app extends the functionality of the first four Jira mail handlers listed above by the following:
- Always use a default reporter for new issues even if the sender of an email is known.
- Save email addresses (e.g., of the addressee or CC) in custom fields.
- Send confirmation emails.
- Map email addresses to components
- Overwrite custom or system fields.
At the moment, you can obtain the catworkx Mail Handlers app as JAR file only directly from catworkx.