The configuration of a workflow depends on your business processes. Because of this, in this manual we can describe only an example configuration.
An example workflow may look like this:
To create a new workflow, do the following in the system administration:
- In the JIRA administration, select Issues > Workflows.
- To create a new workflow, click Add Workflow in the top right corner.
The "Add Workflow" dialog appears.
- Enter a name for the new workflow (e.g.,
The workflow editor appears.
In the workflow editor, you can do the following:
- If you are using the workflow in already in a project, you have to publish your changed workflow. Select Publish Draft at the top of the workflow editor.
The "Publish Draft Workflow" dialog appears.
- In the "Publish Draft Workflow" dialog you can select if you want a backup of the workflow is created or not. Then click Publish.