In the administration dialog of Restricted Role Assignment, you can allow non-admin users to add groups to project roles.
To configure the Restricted Role Assignment, do the following on the JIRA server:
- Log into the Jira server as administrator.
- From the Administration menu, select Add-ons.
In the left side bar there should be a section "catworkx Restricted Role Assignment" in the sidebar on the left that contains a link " ".
The " Configuration" dialog is displayed. .
- Select the option Non-admin user can add groups if you want to allow users without admin permission to add groups to project roles.
- Select the option Only allow selected groups if you want to restrict the groups of which the users can be selected. If activated, enter the allowed groups at Allowed groups.
- Select the option Also blacklist users if you want to restrict the groups of which the users can not be selected. If activated, enter the blocked groups at Blacklisted groups.
- Click Save.