- Release for Thunderbird Version 60 and newer.
- This release is likely not to work with older versions.
- Please use Versions between 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 for older Thunderbird Versions.
- Bug-fix for Attachment Uploading
- Attachments are being locally stored in a temporary folder before upload
- Attachments may be renamed prior to uploading
- Checked Compatibility for Jira 7.11
- Updated Documentation Links
- Fixed Attachments
- Checked Compatibility for Jira 7.5
- Enabled Help for Dialogs to display these Help Pages
- Fixed JQL History
- Fixed Tempo account handling
- Fixed several JS errors
- Fixed Bug in attachment uploader
- Compatible with JIRA 6 & 7
- Supports the current REST API of the current Tempo add-on
- Searching for projects during create is now possible, although slow!
Version 0.17.0.20 (Bugfix Release)
- Fixed the JIRA 7 HTTP POST action that always returned a "403" instead of creating an issue or adding a comment
Version 0.17.0.18 (Bugfix Release)
- Fixed the broken required field check for time tracking fields
- Only the REST API is used interfacing JIRA.
- New history tab for the comment issue function
- Uploading of attachments work, give Mozilla some time though!
- Renaming of attachments for the upload works.
- Supports the new Account field of the add-on "Tempo Timesheets for JIRA", Version 7.10.2 and newer. All rights therein reserved by Tempo Software.
- Entering the time estimate is now possible. Please enter values in both fields manually.
Added a feature to show recently searched for JIRA issues on a separate tab in the "Add Comment" dialog
Choice between REST API and SOAP API interfacing JIRA
Both wizards for creating and commenting issues is available through SOAP and REST
- Comment wizard supports these search modes: full text - issue key - filter favorites - JQL
Option for a direct reply after creating or commenting on the issue.
Visibility of the comment can be set to project role or group, like JIRA offers.
Now also supports the catWorkX LDAP Addressbook search field.
The REST API is way faster than the SOAP API and will still be compatible when JIRA 7 is released.
- Bugfix for french (and probably other languages as well) that encountered an URL encoding error due to an issue type name or project name containing non 7-bit ASCII chars
- Added the button to fetch all issues from either all projects or a given project.
- Warning, this might take a long while and eat plenty of resources
- Choice between REST API and SOAP API interfacing JIRA.
- All custom fields are fetched on demand from JIRA.
- All custom fields are displayed during the issue creation dialog, if possible.
- All custom fields can be reconfigured here in the settings dialog.
- All custom fields can be activated/deactivated here in the settings dialog.
- The REST API is way faster than the SOAP API.
- The REST API will still be compatible when JIRA 7 is released.
- Now fixes the safe password problem for Mac OS X users.
This release reenables support for Seamonkey up to version 2.26.
The settings dialog and all other functionality should behave 100% as the Thunderbird version does.
- A bug stopped users from using the create issue screen when the two checkboxes in the settings had never been clicked before.
- That is now fixed. The dialog loads properly and shows all projects as expected.
- Now fixes the safe password problem.
- Now comes with a polished settings dialog that (should) conform (more) to the Mozilla's standards than the hand-crafted dialog before.
Some translations were cleaned.
I18n updates and corrections
Search by JIRA issue key
Local history for the recently used JIRA issue keys