catWorkX Leave Management supports the process of applying and granting leaves. The add-on differentiates between the following kinds of leaves:
- Special leave
- Sick leave
The sum of days for each absence type is stored in custom fields of an associated employee issue to manage leave entitlement.
The add-on provides a collection of post-functions to design your workflows. The following post-functions are provided:
- [cwx-lm] Copy Assignee Function: Copies the assignee of an issue linked with an outwards link of a given link type.
- [cwx-lm] Create Worklog Function: Logs workdays to a specified issue.
- [cwx-lm] Leave Management Issue Link Function: Links a leave issue to the reporter's employee issue.
- [cwx-lm] Leave Management Set Summary Function: Sets the summary of an issue to
<author> - <issue_type>.
- [cwx-lm] Send Appointment Function: Sends an email with an appointment invitation to the leave requester on approvement.
[cwx-lm] Update Leave Record Function: Calculates the length of a leave period and update the leave record accordingly.
Also catWorkX Leave Management ships a validator:
- [cwx-lm] Leave Management Vacation Date Validator: Ensures that the leave period is valid.
The JIRA modeling structure to use catWorkX Leave Management is based on the following:
- All employees have to be managed in a separate JIRA project. This is important to ensure by the project's permission scheme that an employee can see only his own issue.
- Each type of leave has to be represented by its own JIRA issue type. But all these issue types base on the same workflow.
- When applying for vacation, the amount of vacation days and the number of taken vacation days have to be considered.
- To simplify navigation, the employee issues have to be linked to the request issues.